Tuesday, June 11, 2013

New colorways

In anticipation of the summer Renegade Craft Fair in Los Angeles on July 20 and 21, I have been dyeing many new yarn and roving colorways for my booth.  My previous color wheel experiments have certainly influenced these new colors, and I can't wait to start spinning and swatching.

A couple of weeks ago, my friend Lori of Capistrano Fiber Arts Studio and I spent the day handpainting rovings in her studio.  It was such a fun and creative day, and I have many lovely rovings to show for it.


I have also been dyeing a new fine wool singles worsted-weight yarn, which takes the color beautifully and is quite soft.  Colors 91711 in Claremont, California is stocking this yarn, and I will have some brand new colorways at Renegade Craft Fair next month.


No comments:

Post a Comment