Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Black Sheep Gathering

Over the past month I have been busy dyeing up some yarns and rovings for the Black Sheep Gathering.  I am delighted to be joining my friend Lori Lawson (http://paintspinknit.blogspot.com/ and capistranofiberarts.etsy.com) in her booth this year.  We will be in booths 49 and 50.  We hope to see you at the Lane County Fairgrounds in Eugene, Oregon June 19th - 21st!

I will be bringing an assortment of my handpainted rovings in lovely fiber blends including bluefaced leicester and alpaca/merino/tussah silk.  I will also be bringing my organic superfine merino wool and organic cotton/bamboo yarns in a number of new colorways.  Here is a sample of some of my recent handpaints:


Acres of rovings


One of the other things that I have been busily working on is a bootie pattern that calls for handspun yarn.  We will be selling this pattern and others in our booth, and we will also have some kits that include the bootie pattern and some of Lori's beautiful handspun yarn.  Here is a teaser:


Handspun baby bootie


If you aren't able to make it to BSG this year, I will restocking my Etsy shop (blarneyyarn.etsy.com) with lots of new colorways shortly after we return from Eugene.

No comments:

Post a Comment