Monday, June 15, 2009

Black Sheep Gathering Here We Come!

I went to Lori's (http://paintspinknit.blogspot.com/ and CapistranoFiberArts.etsy.com) today to drop off my yarns and rovings in preparation for our early morning departure tomorrow.  We are both really excited for the trip!  I was in awe of all of the beautiful yarns and spinning fibers that she dyed for the Black Sheep Gathering.  Her work is amazing!

Last evening I finished knitting a Baby Surprise Jacket (a la Elizabeth Zimmermann) using six colorways of my organic merino yarn (sea grass, midnight, dusk, pink clouds, geode, and cherry blossom) and two colorways of my handspun yarn (calypso and tourmaline).  I finished the jacket with three pale pink thumbprint buttons handcrafted by my friend, Barbara.  We will have the BSJ on display in our booth at the Black Sheep Gathering.

Hope to see you there!

p1040827


EZ Baby Surprise Jacket

No comments:

Post a Comment