Saturday, October 6, 2012

Dyeing and Designing

I spent the second half of the summer working on knitting projects and dyeing yarn. I have a couple of lovely new yarns this fall. The first is a high-twist, light fingering weight superwash Corriedale yarn called Moxie. It takes dye beautifully, and is a great yarn for lace knitting or crochet.

My second new yarn is a medium-twist, fingering weight superwash Merino yarn called Whirl. It is soft and a bit lofty, making it appropriate for a variety of knitting projects from socks to lace. And best of all, Whirl was spun by a mill in the USA! Here is a teaser photo of a shawlette pattern that I am designing with Whirl.

Both of my new yarns will be available at Knit Culture Studio during the West Third Street Annual Holiday Party in Los Angeles.

Stay turned for updates on my winter show schedule.

No comments:

Post a Comment