Friday, February 20, 2009

Spinning at Common Threads

Lori, Karen, Margie and I made the pilgrimage today to Common Threads in Encinitas for some spinning fun.  There was a great turn out - nine ladies in all.  As always, we had a great time sharing spinning stories and knitting adventures.

Before all spinning journeys, I search through my entire spinning stash with the hope of identifying the perfect spinning project for the day.  As I was searching through my stash this morning, I was overcome with indecision about what colors and fibers to bring.  After a few minutes of hemming and hawing, I just grabbed a few different things and off I went.  I ended up spinning a 80% superfine merino/20% tussah silk blend in a colorway that I call "Tourmaline."

Tourmaline - merino/silk


I spun this yarn using the fractal striping method that Janel Laidman described in the Summer 2007 issue of Spin-Off Magazine.  I am really pleased with the look and hand of the final yarn, and I can hardly wait to start knitting with it.


Tourmaline Handspun

No comments:

Post a Comment