Thursday, January 1, 2009

Holiday Knitting

I knitted for what seemed like hundreds of hours over the last two months in order to finish up Christmas gifts for my nearest and dearest.  It was such a blast!  The final tally was two hats, two neck cozies, and one scarf.  The scarf was the biggest challenge.  I knit it using my handpainted fingering weight superwash merino/tencel (50/50) yarn on size US3 needles.  Yikes!  The finished scarf was 440 rows long!  I really love how it turned out, but in the future I will keep in mind that fine yarn projects do take more time.



4×4 hat
4x4 hat - made with Knit Picks Essential Sock Yarn in Cocoa

Top-down hat
Top-down hat - made with Handmaiden Casbah Sock Yarn in Stone

Neck Cozy
Neck Cozy - made with handpainted superfine merino sport weight yarn in Stone

Entrelac Asymmetrical Neck Cozy
Entrelac Asymmetrical Neck Cozy - made with Trendsetter Yarns Tonalita

Buttonhole Scarf
Buttonhole Scarf - made with handpainted superwash merino merino/tencel fingering weight yarn in Limited Edition

No comments:

Post a Comment